Saturday, August 21, 2010

Perspective

Being on the ship, living in Africa - it changes you. It impacts you in ways you don't even realize until you go home and back to the life that used to be so familiar - and yet, it seems foreign after being gone for so long.

I have recently read a series of posts from several shipmates that express my thoughts perfectly. It started with Haley's post about trying to readjust to living back in the States; it was continued by Tim and Hannah's blog about being home for a short vacation, and today I read a great post by Kelly as she prepares to return home.

These are all real challenges, emotions, and fears that I face whenever I am home, and also whenever I think about our time with Mercy Ships eventually coming to a close. Thankfully I still have a bit of time to process all of my time here before it's time for us to go, but it's still something I think about frequently.

For those of you who are interested, the sail is still going wonderfully smooth, though we have been informed that tomorrow the big rolls will start. If I have a good opportunity, I will see if I can take some video and eventually upload it here if we ever get a wireless connection strong enough.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers